What with five tournaments in the month of December 2019, Vageesh Swaminathan, 3 A, appears to have been playing a marathon of chess tournaments. The last calendar month has kept the young chess player really busy and his board moves have earned him many laurels:
- 52ndin the Nation- U8, 9th Nationals School Chess Championship Aurangabad -27th Nov – 1st Dec 2019
- Gold in U9, SFA championship, Mumbai – 7th Dec 2019
- 5thposition in U8 open with a cash prize of Rs.600, Prabodhan –Vile Parle Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Smarak Samiti, RYP Sports Invitational Meet 2019 – 8th Dec 2019
- 7thposition in Open –upto 5th Standard, Prabodhan Krida Mahotsav 2019-Goregaon -13th Dec 2019
- Gold in U9 open Mumbai games 2019-14th Dec 2019
Vageesh is next playing National and International chess tournaments during the Christmas holidays. Hope Santa brings him loads of medals and trophies!